Monday, December 14, 2009

A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector


This is my favorite Christmas album-I remember listening to it on cassette tape and of course now I've transitioned to CD. It's usually the first Christmas CD we listen to, in order to start the holiday season right.

1. White Christmas-Darlene Love: One of the most upbeat versions I've heard and it ends with her talking about being in LA and thus without snow which resonates with me as I'm also in CA
2. Frosty the Snowman-The Ronettes
3. Bells of St. Mary-Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans: I actually don't like this one-I never have. Every year I try to give it another chance but usually I find myself skipping past it to the good songs.
4. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town-The Crystals
5. Sleigh Ride-The Ronettes
6. Marshmallow World-Darlene Love
7. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus-The Ronettes: with some loud smooching in the beginning!
8. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer-The Crystals
9. Winter Wonderland-Darlene Love
10. Parade of the Wooden Soldiers-The Crystals
11. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)-Darlene Love: Probably my favorite-the call response with "Please" is amazing-so anguished.
12. Here Comes Santa Claus-Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans: This one is pretty lame but unobjectionable.
13. Silent Night-Phil Spector: This is him talking over an orchestral version of Silent Night-just skip it!

Overall: 5 out of 5-the perfect secular Christmas CD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...