Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lion in the Valley

Lion in the Valley by Elizabeth Peters is the fourth book in the Amelia Peabody series. So now I've read the second and fourth and I really should have read the third because the villain resurfaces here to menace the Emersons. I also added a progress bar at the bottom with the challenges I've signed up for as well as personal challenges which the Amelia Peabody series is.

Unlike the second book, Ramses (her son) comes on the trip to Egypt (and I cannot wait to read about him as an adult, I think he's very entertaining) and I felt it was less focused on archaeology than the second. It was entertaining but it left me somewhat unsatisfied. I didn't figure out who the master criminal (and master of disguises) exactly was as there's a bit of a twist.

Overall, 3.5/5 for a fun tale that endeared the characters to me but didn't leave me wholly satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...