Monday, December 7, 2009

Sounds of the Season-Taylor Swift


This was released in 2007 and features 3 Christmas classics, 1 newer Christmas song, and 2 from Ms Swift herself.

1. Last Christmas-I don't really like this song-I find the basic concept stupid ("I gave you my heart last year and then you broke it so this year I'm giving it to someone special") so I wouldn't really like it no matter who sang it.
2. Christmases When You Were Mine-one of the songs Taylor wrote; dealing with a breakup and missing him at Christmas
3. Santa Baby-meh
4. Silent Night-painful!
5. Christmas Must Be Something More-My favorite; written solely by her and is a call to return to the reason for the season (I love how that rhymes) rather than focusing on the commercialization of Christmas
6. White Christmas-meh

I really like Taylor and I love Christmas music but I'm not really a fan of this album. I know she doesn't have the best voice but this is particularly painfully obvious on tracks 3, 4, and 6. The other three are more suited for her voice, in my opinion. I especially like 5 which reminds us that Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus, not getting a ton of presents and was written solely by her.

Overall: 3 out of 5 for Taylor fans only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...