Saturday, May 8, 2010

Book Sale Stash!


After reading about library book sales from April at Good Food and Good Wine, I was inspired and it was just my luck that a library near me (within walking distance because at college I don't have a car) was having one last weekend. I didn't do as well as she has but I got some good stuff, which I will hopefully be reading this summer!


Talking About Genesis-Looking at the book of Genesis in a variety of ways; I'm hoping to read some good spiritual books this summer and this looks like it will be one of them.
Desire of the Everlasting Hills by Thomas Cahill-A look at the life of Jesus

Four Lord Peter Wimsey Novels by Dorothy L Sayers-Although I didn't like The Nine Tailors, I still want to try the other stories because I enjoy hanging out with Lord Peter and Bunter.
The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly-I have no idea what this is about but I think the cover is beautiful so I will give it a try.
Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul-I have a sister and I usually enjoy this series.


Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde-I've read this before and I loved it; happy to have my own copy.
The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud-I've also read this before but I want to read it again; first in series
Nicola and the Viscount by Meg Cabot-While I prefer Victoria and the Rogue, I'm happy to pick this up cheap to work toward completing my Meg Cabot collection; I also prefer this cover to the current one
A Room with a View by EM Forster-I've seen the recent adaptation of this (Not the Merchant and Ivory one) and I would like to read the actual story
Germinal by Emile Zola-I'm going to give him another chance

That's what I got! Thanks for the inspiration, April!

[Pictures taken by me; Links to Amazon if you wish to find out more or purchase the book yourself]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...