Sunday, May 9, 2010

This Book is Overdue!

This Book is Overdue by Marilyn Johnson
HarperCollins, 2010
252 pages
Non-fiction

Summary: An examination into the changing world of librarians: whether they are still relevant, what they can offer for the future, and how libraries are still necessary in the age of Google.

Thoughts: I saw several reviews of this and thought it sounded like a fun read so I checked it out and I read it fairly quickly. It took me a while to get in to it but once I did, I loved it.

First I am thinking about maybe getting a master's in library and information science to possibly become a librarian or something with information. I still have a little bit of time but I'm seriously considering it.

Second, I loved the parts where she discusses some of her favorite library blogs; unfortunately that added a ton of websites to my already jam-packed google reader. But I think they will be very interesting.

And third I found the writing style very engaging; Johnson is definitely passionate about this topic and it was a joy to read. If you are wondering if we still need librarians when we have the internet, check this out!

Overall: 4 out of 5. I will definitely be looking for Johnson's previous book, The Dead Beat.

Cover: I love the cover with a librarian as a superhero-so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...