Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Real Real

The Real Real by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
HarperTeen, 2009
309 pages
YA; Contemporary

Source: Library

Summary: Jesse receives the opportunity to be part of a reality show at her high school. While it won't feature her best friend, it will feature her crush Drew and push her in to the popular crowd. It will also dramatically change her life and have her questioning what's real and what's the real real.

Thoughts: I guess my big problem was with the main character Jesse. I liked her at the beginning but then she just went downhill. She sucked. I almost liked her at the end when she stood up for herself but she just sucked a lot.

The plot didn't fully connect either I thought. There were jumps and maybe I wasn't reading carefully but I didn't really care. This was almost a did not finish but I managed to propel myself through it.

Overall: 3.5/5. It's alright; not outstanding for its subgenre.

Cover: I like this cover more than another I've seen with just a mouth. It's very catching.

1 comment:

  1. Cool review. I confess that I wouldn't read this book if I had a choice. Shame on me.;) But cool review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...