Saturday, August 7, 2010

Appointment with Death (Film)

Appointment with Death, 2008
Based on Agatha Christie's book
Starring David Suchet as Hercule Poirot, Tim Curry as Lord Boynton, and Christina Cole as Sarah

I actually reviewed this book here-I mostly liked it!

Thoughts: They changed a lot! I wasn't even sure I had read this book because of all the differences. First the family structure is changed. No longer is it a widow reigning over her children; she is still married and to a British Lord played by Tim Curry. Then the children are changed; I mean basically everything is changed. I personally didn't like those changes. Agatha Christie wrote carefully constructed mysteries and yet the screenwriters felt the need to fiddle around with it?!

NOT RECOMMENDED!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's terrible that they changed the book entirely. I always hate it when movies do that to a good book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...