Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bleak House Readalong


I signed up at The Zen Leaf for a Bleak House read-a-long (It starts next week so there's still time to sign up! Click on the icon in my sidebar). I'm really excited about this for a couple of reasons:

1. BH is on my FITG Challenge which I am deplorably behind on.
2. Amanda at The Zen Leaf always writes such intelligent and insightful posts about the books she reads so that combined with all the other smart people participating will help me get the most out of this book.
3. I haven't read much Dickens and I've been intimidated by BH's size although also intrigued by the plot [Irena at This Miss Loves to Read highlighted Honoria for a character Connection and this book apparently features a spontaneous combustion-did you know dozens of people spontaneously combust every year? (Source)]
4. I've never done a read a long although I've wanted to so this will be an exciting and new experience; It will also be really fun to meet new bloggers and read what they have to say.
To sum up: Sign up for the BH read along! And get ready for the first post Wed August 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...