Sunday, August 15, 2010

YA: Perfect You

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
Simon Pulse, 2008
282 pages
YA; Contemporary
5/5 stars

Source: Own

I'm talking about this as part of the Book Smugglers Young Adult Appreciation Month.

This was my very first Elizabeth Scott book, which I picked up on a whim, a year and a half or so ago before I discovered the book-blogging world.  I fell in love with it and the romance and earlier this year I made my sister read it and she agreed that it was fantastic.

Highlight: The romance; I thought The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols had delicious kissing scenes and tension but this does too.  Will is so infuriating-did you like a boy like that in high school?  I did and it takes me back to some of the giddiness and frustration (said boy did not really like reading nor did he understand my love of reading).  But he's so cute and he does seem to understand Kate in a way that others don't.

Cringe: Her father; everyone is embarrassed by their parents at some point but Kate has more reason than some as her father is somewhat of a profligate who is driving their family's finances in to the ground.

Overall: I think this would be a great introduction to Elizabeth Scott, if you've managed to go without reading some of her fab work (I have since read everything she's published and I'm looking forward to Grace).

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! I'm interested in this one, especially because I also knew such a boy. Ah, those times...

    P.S. I love the girl's shoes.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in the YAAM party!

    I recently read my first Elizabeth Scott book and I really enjoyed it too, I think I will try Bloom next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute-sounding book! I admit I haven't heard about this one yet but it sounds interesting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...