Sunday, September 26, 2010

Contest Craze #1

Princess Bookie is hosting her Contest Craze and the first challenge is to list our top 5 most wanted books for 2011; this is kind of hard for me because I don't really follow release dates but I have found 5 that I'm super excited about!

[Links go to goodreads page]

1. Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott: all of Scott's books are automatic reads for me and this is apparently due May 2011.  I don't know anything about it other than that it's part of the Contemps Challenge but it's my number 1 pick.

2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano: Has one of the most gorgeous covers I've ever seen and that's my main reason for wanting to read it. Yes, I judge books by their covers! (Due March 2011)

3. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore: The third book in the Seven Kingdoms series; I loved Graceling and mostly liked Fire so I have high hopes for this.  This focuses on Bitterblue, a character in Graceling. (Due April 2011)

4. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater: The third book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy.  After the cliffhanger in Linger, I'm dying for this (and rooting for a lavender cover as the color that would look best with the other two books). (Due July 2011)

5. Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready: The second book in the Shade series; I thought it had an interesting mythology and I can't wait to see how she expands the universe. (Due May 2011)

So I have to stop now but there are so many appealing sounding books coming.  I realized that most of my picks are in series but I'm also looking forward to discovering new series/authors!  If you didn't know about these books, I hope you keep them on your radar and check them out when they arrive.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! You forgot Sarah Dessen had a new one coming out and I forgot Elizabeth Scott had a new one, lol She's a must-read for me too.

    Whoot for Shift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some great novels on here, several I'm adding to my wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for Wither! The cover is gorgeous!
    -Danna from http://friendlyreaderohyeah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...