Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Winter's Passage

Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa
Harlequin, 2010
59 pages
YA; Paranormal romance; Faeries
3/5 stars
The Iron Fey #1.5

Review of The Iron King.

Source: Downloaded free from author or publisher's website (can't remember)

Summary: A brief novella between the first book of the series and the second.  Meghan and Ash are going to the Winter Court to fulfill the contract they made in the first book.  As they travel, they are chased by the Hunter.

Thoughts: There wasn't much to this.  It was divided in to four chapters but much of the first two is repeating what happened in the first book.  And since I read this immediately after finishing the first book, I didn't need the recap.  Then it continues with a visit to Puck and brief appearances of my two favorite characters cat Grim and the Elder Dryad.  After that it is Meghan and Ash traveling, fighting for survival, and continuing their remarkably undeveloped relationship-seriously, I have no idea what she sees in him!  It seems a bit like a Romeo and Juliet kind of thing and Meghan also still seems very naive. The climax is when the Hunter (or wolf as you can tell by the cover) catches them has some good suspenseful parts but then collapses as Meghan uses her words to settle the conflict.

Overall: Maybe good if you are absolutely in love with Kagawa's Faerie world but otherwise skippable.

Cover: I like the colors but I don't like the wolf especially when the covers for the actual books are so gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. If this is a skippable novella in the series, then I'll skip it. I have to say, I love the cover, it's hauntingly magical, but I'd rather read the novels in the series. Perhaps afterwards, if I like the novels a lot, I'll give Winter's Passage a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...