Friday, February 18, 2011

Disney Princess Profile: Belle


Hosted by Irena at This Miss Loves to Read.

Name: Belle
Princess: No
Hair: Brown, partly tied back
Outfit: Blue or yellow
Best Friend: Books
Home: A poor provincial town
Special Powers: Can tame the beast; Reads
Parent: Maurice
Voice: Rex Everhart
Profession: Inventor
Love Interest: The Beast
Prince: Yes
Villain: Gaston
Voice: Richard White
Henchman: LeFou
Songs: "Belle"
"Gaston"
"Be Our Guest"
"Something There"
"Human Again"
"Beauty and the Beast"
"The Mob Song"


Thoughts: Who doesn't love Beauty and the Beast? And I think Belle, the bookish princess, holds a special place in the hearts of most book bloggers.  She's also the only princess with brown hair (three with black, three blondes, and a red-head) so I appreciate that.  Besides her love of reading, Belle is loyal to her family which of course gets her stuck with the Beast.  She's also perhaps a bit too curious for her own good, incurring further wrath of the Beast.  But she has a good heart, patience, and bravery leading to her own happily ever after.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Belle is my favourite Disney princess and The Beauty and the Beast both my favourite Disney movie and fairy-tale. I also like the fact that she has brown hair and likes to read. A girl after my own heart.:)

    Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you put reading as one of her special powers! I was so happy when this movie came out because Belle had brown hair and liked to read, both like me. I knew every single word in this movie, and I probably still do :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...