Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shortlist-Book Battle

Yay! The YA Overlooked Book Battle was released recently. Thus I am sharing the actual list with asterisks denoting the books I have read as well as the top ten list that I submitted with my picks.  I'm pleased that my favorites made the actual list and I can't wait to see how the battle shapes up.  Also check out The Shady Glade to see the AWESOME trailer Alyssa made celebrating the Round 2 books.

The Actual List:
*Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer
Intrinsical by Lani Woodland
*John Belushi is Dead by Kathy Charles
Kathleen's Story (Angels in Pink) by Lurlene McDaniel
*Keeping Corner by Kashmira Sheth
*Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
*Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City by Kristen Miller
Ophelia by Lisa M. Klein
Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper
Polly and the Pirates, Volume 1 by Ted Naifeh
*Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
*Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell
*StarCrossed by Elizabeth C. Bunce
*Stork by Wendy Delsol
Storm Thief by Chris Wooding
Stravaganza: City of Masks by Mary Hoffman
The Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda
*The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman
*The Hollow Kingdom by Clare B. Dunkle
*The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan
*Threads and Flames by Esther Friesner
*Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress by Tina Ferraro
*Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher

My List (In order):
1. The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan
2. Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher
3. Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
4. StarCrossed by Elizabeth C. Bunce
5. The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman
6. The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell
7. The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger
8. The Last Knight by Hilari Bell
9. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
10. Compromised by Heidi Ayarbe

It looks like my top 5 all made it on and I will certainly be rooting for them as Round 2 kicks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...